Cameron Diaz stole the show with her Oscar de la Renta gown at the Oscars in 2010.
The Hollywood bombshell chose a champagne-colored dress accented with gold beading and metallic ribbon embroidery. Diaz played down the hard-body image she's known for by going with an elegant A-line silhouette. What the dress lacked in sex appeal, it made up for in luster. It made Diaz shine -- literally.
Styled by Rachel Zoe, Diaz wore more than $100,000 in Cartier jewelry, including white gold hoop earrings and two white gold diamond rings. She donned Brian Atwood gold satin pumps on her feet, and her ruby red lips turned heads all the way down the red carpet.
During the ceremony, Diaz took the stage with comedic actor Steve Carell to present the award for Best Animated Feature.
- Fink, Sharon. "Oscars: The Evolution of Fashion." St. Petersburg Times. Feb. 24, 2007. (Jan. 11, 2011). http://www.sptimes.com/2007/02/24/Floridian/Oscars__The_evolution.shtml
- Hunt, Maria C. "Fashion's Changing Face." The San Diego Union Tribune. Feb. 5, 2006. (Jan. 13, 2011). http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060205/news_1c05design.html
- Kluznik, Katherine. "The Oscars' Most Iconic Red Dresses." Jan. 24, 2008. (Jan. 14, 2011). http://www.people.com/people/package/gallery/0,,20173526_20172732_20394473,00.html
- Life.com. "Classic Oscar Photos: the 1980s. (Jan. 21, 2011). http://www.life.com/image/83676607/in-gallery/22835#index/14
- "Liza Minnelli Winning an Oscar for 'Cabaret'." You Tube. March 14, 2008. (Jan. 21, 2011). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFstpIKW7A4&feature=BF&list=PL1B5DEC46F62CCB07&index=1
- "Marlee Matlin Winning Best Actress." You Tube. May 14, 2008. (Jan. 21, 2011). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y4K_Xc7-JU
- People.com. "The Making of Reese's Gown." March 12, 2007. (Jan. 13, 2011). http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20062980,00.html
- Pool, Bob. "Bidding Farewell to Oscars Auction." Los Angeles Times. Dec. 16, 2008. (Jan. 21, 2011). http://articles.latimes.com/2008/dec/16/local/me-pickford16
- Steal their Style. "Audrey Hepburn -- Where did she get that?" Dec. 17, 2010. (Jan. 21, 2011). http://stealtheirstyle.co.uk/classic%20stars/audrey-white-oscars-dress.htm
HowStuffWorks looks at how Pantone chooses its color of the year and how Pantone colors influence design, fashion, politics and more.