Sunglasses are the ultimate must-have accessory for summer. Not only do they protect your eyes and help minimize skin damage, but a great pair of shades simply makes you look cool in a way no other accessory can. With so many designs and materials to choose from, trying on different looks is half the fun. Retro styles are especially hot right now -- particularly the 1960s-inspired cat's eye design. For a more wearable, but still trendy, look, try aviators or sunglasses with circular lenses. If you prefer a classic pair of shades that will always be in fashion, you can't go wrong with slightly oversized sunglasses with black or tortoiseshell frames.
- Carr, Tina. "Weekend Summer Essentials." More. June 3, 2011. (March 31, 2012) http://www.more.com/summer-essentials+
- InStyle. "Summer Accessories 2011." (March 31, 2012) http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/general/photos/0,,20497866_20500733_20970279,00.html
- Mellen, Polly Allen. "How to Wear Bright Colors." Allure. (March 31, 2012) http://www.allure.com/beauty-trends/how-to/2007/How_To_Wear_Bright_Colors
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. "Prevent Eye Damage: Protect Yourself From UV Radiation." August 2010. (March 31, 2012) http://www.epa.gov/sunwise/doc/eyedamage.pdf
- Vogue. "Hottest Summer Cats-Eye Shades." Feb. 23, 2012. (March 31, 2012) http://www.vogue.com.au/fashion/trends/hottest+summer+cats+eye+shades,16851
Holly and Tracy of Stuff You Missed in History Class explain why the stories of the Hope diamond have been greatly exaggerated.