Kids can walk like the animals for a fun race with friends at a park or the beach. They'll need to think about how different animals walk. That's because everybody runs like a certain animal in each race of this easy nature activity for kids.
What You'll Need:
- Group of kids
- Knowledge of how different animals walk
Step 1: Decide on a starting and finishing line.
Step 2: Try the animal races listed here.
- Crab race: Racers are on all fours (hands and feet) and must move sideways.
- Chimp race: Racers hold their ankles with their hands or drag their knuckles on the ground.
- Frog race: Racers squat in frog position and hop.
- Your choice: Think of another animal to imitate in a race.
Make a fast and easy grass whistle in the activity on the next page.