Candy Cane Doorknob Decoration
These Candy Cane Doorknob Decorations are the perfect additions to any holiday decorations. Turn this Christmas food craft into a great decoration that you can hang on your front doors.
What You'll Need:
7x9 inches white poster board
Felt: 7x9 inches white, 1x12 inches red
18 inches green satin ribbon, 1/8 inch wide
5/8 inch jingle bells: red, white, green
Making Candy Cane Doorknob Decorations:
- Download the Candy Cane Doorknob Decoration.
- Using the stencil, trace and cut out 4 candy canes -- two from poster board and two from white felt.
- Lay the poster board canes on your work surface so the top curves face the center.
- Starting on the left side, glue one felt cane to each poster board cane.
- To make the stripes, cut the red felt into two 1/2 x 12-inch lengths. Then cut each length into four 2-inch lengths and one 4-inch length.
- Before gluing, place the stripes diagonally on the canes with the 4-inch lengths at the top curves. The ends of the stripes will overlap the edges of the canes. One at a time, glue the stripes onto the canes.
- Let dry, then turn over each cane. Trim any excess red felt so the ends are even with the edges of the white felt.
- To assemble the doorknob decoration, overlap the canes at the top and bottom to form a heart shape.
- Glue together the overlapping areas.
- Cut the ribbon so you have 3-, 4-, 5-, and 6-inch lengths.
- To attach the bells, insert one end of the 3-inch length of ribbon through the red bell loop. Bring the ends of the ribbon together and glue.
- Repeat using the 4-inch length of ribbon with the white bell and the 5-inch length with the green bell.
- Glue the ribbon ends to the back bottom of the canes.
- Tie the 6-inch length of ribbon into a bow, and glue it to the front bottom of the canes.
Next, learn to make Gingerbread Kid Ornaments. They are perfect to give and to keep.