These darling Edible Angels are almost too sweet to eat. With this Christmas food craft you can make your clay and eat it, too.
What you'll need:
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup honey
2-1/2 cups powdered milk
Thin licorice string
Raisins or currants
Colored or silver jimmies or cinnamon candies
To make Edible Angels:
- Wash and dry your hands.
- To make the clay, put peanut butter, honey, and powdered milk in a big bowl.
- Squeeze and knead the ingredients together. If the clay is too sticky, add a little more powdered milk. If it is too dry, add a little more honey or peanut butter.
- When you have a nice, smooth-feeling clay, shape it into a 3-inch cone to make the angel's body. Add a little ball of clay on top for the angel's head.
- Carefully press 2 snack chips into the angel's back for wings.
- Wind a small piece of thin licorice string around the angel's head for a perfect halo.
- Use currants or raisins to make the face. Colored or silver jimmies or small cinnamon candies can decorate the angel's body.
These angels are guaranteed to fly right off the plate and into your mouth!If pies are your dessert of choice, try making a Snowy Nutty Pie. Learn how to make this snowy treat in the next section.