Sandal Styles to Flatter Your Feet and Figure
Newsflash: Not every sandal looks good on every person. You want your favorite sandals to flatter your feet and legs, and if you plan to actually walk or dance in your sandals, you should insist on comfort. Trust us: Nobody looks good in blisters. Now let's talk style. If your feet are a bit pudgy, avoid strappy sandals because they cause bulges. Sandals with ankle straps make your legs look shorter. If you have big feet, choose sandals that cover your foot at its widest point. Like Cinderella's prince, search until you find the perfect fit.
Prevent the Dreaded Stinky Sandal
Unlike athletic shoes, you can't just throw your sandals into the wash when they get dingy. However, we do have a few tips on how to lengthen the life of your sandals. If your sandals are waterproof, you can wash them with soap and water and set them out to dry. You'll need to be more careful with leather sandals, however. Gently wipe the footbed and straps with a damp cloth about once a month. Once a season, use an old toothbrush to clean and remove dirt. You can also buy special treatments for leather at any shoe store.
Buff those heels, polish those nails and get ready to welcome your feet to summer! We bet they'll thank you for it.
- "Flattering Sandals." Style Tips 101. 2009. (March 31, 2010)http://styletips101.com/shoes/flatering-sandals.html
- "Frequently Asked Questions." Paul Taylor Custom Sandals. 2010. (March 31, 2010)http://www.paultaylorsandals.com/FAQs.htm
- McGraw, Sally. "Reader Request: Tights and Sandals." Already Pretty. Oct. 8, 2009. (March 31, 2010) http://www.alreadypretty.com/2009/10/reader-request-tights-and-sandals.html
- "Sandals." Zappos.com. 2010. (March 31, 2010) http://www.zappos.com/sandals
- "Shoes, Womens, Sandals." Zappos.com. 2010. (March 31, 2010)http://www.zappos.com/all-womens-sandals
- Sutton, Tina. "Dress for Success." BostonWorks.com. Sept. 13, 2005. (March 31, 2010) http://www.boston.com/jobs/chat/transcripts/091305_sutton.html