Mouse Balloon Animal for Kids
Making a mouse balloon animal may seem a little tricky for kids, but it just takes practice. You can buy the balloons for this project at toy stores, discount stores, or magic stores.
Be sure to read through all the instructions before you begin, and check out the photos, too. Then, pick up your balloons and have fun!
Hint: Using a pump to inflate balloons is a lot easier and faster than using your own breath. Give the balloon a few good stretches before inflating.
How to Make a Mouse Balloon Animal
1. Inflate the balloon slowly and steadily, leaving a 9-inch tail.
2. Pinch and twist a 2-inch bubble. (A "bubble" is any section that has been pinched and twisted on one or both ends.)
3. Fold the balloon over as shown and pinch.
4. Twist-lock the fold. (A "twist-lock" twists together two twists.)
5. Repeat step 3 and 4 once, to make the other ear.
6. Pinch and twist the remaining balloon three times, creating four bubbles.
7. Fold the bubbles so that they form a square.
8. Twist-lock the top two bubbles.
Leave your balloon mouse inside the house and then go outside to look for signs that a real mouse may have paid a visit. Find out how on the next page.