Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- "Alternative fabrics hit the action-sports market." Grist Magazine. 2006.
- Allen Woodburn Associates Ltd./Managing Resources Ltd., "Cotton: The Crop and its Agrochemicals Market," 1995.
- Agricultural Pesticides: Management Improvements Needed to Further Promote Integrated Pest Management, General Accounting Office. GAO-01-815. 2001.
- Care What You Wear Campaign. http://www.sustainablecotton.org/html/consumers/care_what_you_wear.html
- "Cleaner Cotton Campaign Tool Kit. Sustainable Cotton Project.
- "Farming Systems Trial." Rodale Institute of Kutztown, Penn.
- Gogoi, Pallavi. "Wal-Mart's Organic Offensive." Business Week. 2006.
- The Hartman Group. http://www.hartman-group.com/
- Keep Antibiotics Working. http://www.keepantibioticsworking.com/new/index.cfm
- National Coalition Against the Misuse of Pesticides. Technical Report newsletter. 2001.
- Organic Consumers Association. http://www.organicconsumers.org/
- Organic Trade Association. http://www.ota.com/index.html
- Pesticide Action Network North America. PAN Pesticides Database. 2005.
- Ratcliff, Ashley. "Patagonia's organic mission: New fabrics put company on cutting edge." Pacific Coast Business Times. 2006.
- Story, Louise. "'Seaweed' Clothing Has None, Tests Show." The New York Times. 2007.
- The Sustainable Cotton Project. http://www.sustainablecotton.org/
- U. S. Department of Agriculture, "Agricultural Chemical Usage: 2003 Field Crop Summary."
- U. S. Environmental Protection Agency. http://www.epa.gov/
- U. S. Environmental Protection Agency, "List of Chemicals Evaluated for Carcinogenic Potential," 2001.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Code of Federal Regulations, 2005.
- Weiss, Danna. "Feel-good fashion! 7 planet-friendly fabrics." MSNBC. 2007.
- "Well dressed." Cambridge University.
- Whitney, Jake. "Organic Erosion: Will the term organic still mean anything when it's adopted whole hog by behemoths such as Wal-Mart?" The New York Times. 2007.
- Wong, Grace. "Wal-Mart accused of 'organic fraud'." CNN Money. 2007.