It only takes some colorful ribbons and a few hours to make the Evening Glamour Quilted Purse. You could also choose delicate pastels and lace to make a trousseau keepsake bag for the bride-to-be.
©2007 Publications International, Ltd.
The Evening Glamour Quilted Purse gives you a touch of elegance
without having to work too hard.
- 2/3 yard each 4 or 5 textured ribbons in several widths, colors, and patterns, about 7 yards total
- 1 yard ribbon, 11/2 inch wide, matching other ribbon colors
- 7 X 18-inch piece fusible tricot interfacing
- 7 X 18-inch piece soft woven or tricot fabric for lining
- 11/3 yard rattail cording
- Transparent monofilament thread
- Gold rayon embroidery thread
- Upholstery thread
- Grid board
- Press cloth
- Safety pin or bodkin
Once you've found everything you need, learn how to put all the materials together to make the quilted purse on the next page.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Looking for other easy-to-make quilting projects? Check out Easy Quilt Patterns.
- Create a closet full of handbags with our Quilted Purse Patterns page.
- Flip through our Quilt Patterns to find your next quilting project.
- Learn How to Quilt or brush up on the basics with our refresher course.