What You'll Need:
- 2 pieces of cork, each 16 inches square
- 16-inch square foam core
- Craft glue
- 20-inch square quilt batting, 1/2 inch thick
- 20-inch square cotton fabric
- Hot-temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- 6 yards satin or grosgrain ribbon, 1/2 inch wide
- Tape measure
- 15 to 18 matching buttons
- Matching thread and needle
- Use craft glue to attach cork piece to foam, and let dry. Glue second cork piece on top of first; let dry.
- Starting in bottom left corner, stretch piece of ribbon diagonally over board. Let last 2 inches of each ribbon wrap around back of board. Glue ends in place. Continue attaching ribbon, moving up board diagonally and spacing each ribbon 4 inches apart. When completed diagonally in 1 direction, attach ribbon in opposite diagonal direction to create a checkerboard effect.
- Position button over intersection of 2 ribbons, and stitch in place. Repeat at all ribbon intersections.
The ribbon bulletin board makes a unique wall decoration and is a great way to showcase photos and souvenirs. Try using it as part of the Easy Chic teen bedroom decorating idea.
For more home decorating and design ideas, see the links below.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Teen Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Kids' Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Toddler Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Baby Nursery Decorating Ideas
- Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Kids' Bathroom Decorating Ideas
- How to Design Children's Rooms
- Safety Tips for Decorating Kids' Rooms
- How to Stencil Kids' Rooms
- How to Furnish a Small Space
- How to Organize Shelves
- What does thread count really mean?
- What's the difference between a designer and a decorator?