Avoid Wedding Weight-loss Fads
The totally uncensored truth is that if it were easy to be thin and svelte, everyone would be. We'd all be running around in string bikinis and complimenting each other's washboard abs.
This is unfortunately not the case, which is why so many women resort to fad diets to lose extra pounds. Although fad and crash diets might be tempting with their insanely unrealistic weight loss promises, the fact is that they're utterly unhealthy, even causing heart stress and death in many dieters around the world. So, the next time you're tempted to take the quick and allegedly easy route, remember that your fiancé wants to marry the healthiest and happiest version of you, not someone who puts her health at risk to squeeze into a smaller size dress.
- Our 10 Best Dieting Tips for Brides
- 10 Popular Beauty Treatments for Brides
- 10 Diet Destroyers Lurking at Your Bridal Shower
- 10 Tips and Tricks for Avoiding Newlywed Weight Gain
- 10 Slimming Snacks and Meals for Your Wedding Diet
- Buff for the Big Day: 10 Best Exercises for Brides
- 5 Reasons You Don't Need a Wedding Crash Diet
- 5 Tips for Relieving Wedding Stress
- How can I avoid post-wedding weight gain?
- How much weight is safe (and realistic) to lose before your wedding?
- Can meal replacement shakes help me achieve my wedding weight-loss goal?
- Bonci, Leslie, R.D., M.P.H. "When Should I Consult a Doctor About Starting a Weight Loss Program." ABC News. Feb. 1, 2009. (March 3, 2011).http://abcnews.go.com/Health/WellnessResource/story?id=6762399
- "Slimming Down for Your Big Day." Dateline NBC. 2011. (March 3, 2011).http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8631080/ns/health-fitness/
- Zelman, Kathleen, M.P.H., R.D., L.D. "Lose Weight Fast: How to Do It Safely." WebMD. (March 3, 2011).http://www.webmd.com/diet/guide/lose-weight-fast-how-to-do-it-safely