Finally, don't lose sight of the big picture: taking care of yourself. Stress and anxiety can lead to fatigue, so while you're concentrating on eating right and getting enough exercise, be sure to leave time for plenty of sleep as well. Do you snack and over-eat to relieve stress? Instead of reaching for that bag of chips, focus your energy on a new project, like painting, cleaning the closet or calling a friend to catch up over the phone.
If you gain a few newlywed pounds, try not to get down on yourself; it happens! Get back on track by eating healthier, ramping up your exercise routine and perhaps looking into meditation or yoga to improve your mental well-being, too. Stay positive, and seek support from your new life partner -- he's sure to join you on your quest to live a healthier life. Besides, he still loves you just the way you are.
- 5 Dress Shopping Tips for Plus-size Brides
- 5 Tips for Relieving Wedding Stress
- 5 Breakfasts That Warm Up Your Brain
- 10 Diet Tips Doctors Want You to Hear
- 10 Meals That Are Proven to Make You Happier
- 10 Spices, Spreads and Oils for Your Healthy Kitchen
- 10 Substitute Ingredients for Lighter Cooking
- How Nutrition Works
- Food Labels 101
- American Institute for Cancer Research. "The New American Plate." November 2007. (August 26, 2010). http://www.beansforhealth.org/library/NewAmericanPlate%20CancerBeans%20AICR.pdf
- Cooking Light. "5-Ingredient Pantry Recipes." (Aug. 25, 2010).http://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy/5-ingredient-pantry-recipes-00400000047368/
- Ellis, Rosemary. "Give your body a boost with more steps a day." Health on Today. June 30, 2005. (Aug. 25, 2010).http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/8369439
- Kuzemchak, Sally. "Your kitchen may be making you fat." Prevention. Jan. 17, 2010. (Aug. 31, 2010).http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34510129/
- Savacool, Julia A. "Lose Weight by Walking!" Good Housekeeping. (Aug. 25, 2010).http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/fitness/lose-weight-walking-0603
How can I avoid post-wedding weight gain? Visit TLC Weddings to find out how you can avoid post-wedding weight gain.