The dreaded side crunches. Yes, most people dislike these, but they really are a great way to work out those common problem areas. The side crunch is a fast and easy way to target the internal and external oblique muscles, which are responsible for those silly love handles!
Start out by lying on your back on the floor and turn both of your knees to the right. Slowly lift your shoulders off the floor and move your body straight up and then back down to the floor as if you were doing a regular crunch. Make sure that you keep your knees turned to the right as you do the crunch. Repeat eight to 15 times and then switch your knees to the left for another eight to15 reps.
- Askthetrainer.com. "Lunge Exercise." (Oct. 22, 2010). http://askthetrainer.com/lunge-exercise.html
- Center for Young Women's Health. "Upper Body: Overhead Shoulder Press." (Oct. 21, 2010). http://www.youngwomenshealth.org/fitness/ti_shldr_press.html
- Fit Sugar. "Back to Basics: Triceps Dips." Feb. 20, 2008. (Oct. 21, 2010). http://www.fitsugar.com/How-Do-Triceps-Dips-1055754
- Orbanic, Sarah. "Your Ab Reveal." Oxygenmag.com. (Oct. 23, 2010). http://oxygenmag.com/main.php?page=1&id=427
- Real Women's Fitness. "Top 5 Arm Toning Exercises." (Oct. 20, 2010). http://realwomensfitness.com/upper-body-exercises/top-5-arm-toning-exercises/
- Real Women's Fitness. "The Squat is the Queen of all Exercises for Toned, Sexy Legs and Butt." (Oct. 20, 2010). http://realwomensfitness.com/lower-body-exercises/the-queen-of-all-exercises-for-toned-sexy-legs-and-butt/
How can I avoid post-wedding weight gain? Visit TLC Weddings to find out how you can avoid post-wedding weight gain.