Many brides want their white dress to pop against bronze, sun-kissed skin, but exposing yourself to the sun's harmful rays without wearing sunscreen is dangerous to your health. To prevent skin from burning, choose cosmetics with built-in SPF. These makeup products should include a label with PA+, PA+ or PA+++ to indicate the level of UVA protection in the formula, but achieving full coverage doesn't stop there. Most women don't wear a makeup application heavy enough to protect them over the course of an entire day, so it's best to layer moisturizer with SPF 15 or higher on skin before applying a base. When you're outdoors for a significant amount of time, always reapply sunscreen and makeup to ensure long-lasting coverage from morning to night. Finally, don't forget to wear lip balm that's SPF 30 or higher to maintain a perfect pout -- a very important accessory for a successful first kiss as husband and wife!
- Becker, Hollee Actman. "Bridal Beauty: Prewedding Skin Care Solutions." The Knot. Jan. 16, 2012. (Sept. 21, 2012) http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-beauty-tips/bridal-beauty-secrets/articles/pre-wedding-skincare-solutions.aspx
- Gupta, Roli. "Good sleep is essential for good looks." Complete Well Being. Aug. 22, 2008. (July 30, 2012) http://completewellbeing.com/article/sleeping-for-beauty/
- Janes, Beth. "Makeup with Sun Protection." Good Housekeeping. (Sept. 20, 2012) http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/beauty/makeup/anti-aging-makeup
- Mag for Women. "10 Best Facial Cleansers You Would Love To Try Out." (July 17, 2012) http://www.magforwomen.com/10-best-facial-cleansers-you-would-love-to-try-out/
- Martha Stewart Weddings. "Your Wedding-Day Beauty Countdown." (July 9, 2012) http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/228994/your-wedding-day-beauty-countdown/@center/272465/get-wedding-ready-guide
- O'Connor, Anahad. "Drinking Lots of Water Is Good for Your Skin." The New York Times. Oct. 27, 2008. (Sept. 20, 2012) http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/28/health/28real.html
- The Knot. " 17 Tips to Glowing Wedding Skin." (Sept. 19, 2012) http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-beauty-tips/bridal-beauty-secrets/articles/tips-to-glowing-wedding-skin.aspx
- The Knot. "Bridal Beauty: Countdown to Gorgeous." Dec. 13, 2011. (July 9, 2012) http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-beauty-tips/bridal-beauty-secrets/articles/bridal-beauty-countdown-to-gorgeous.aspx
- Santhanam, Aparna, M.D. "Dermatology Q&A: Hot vs. cold water for your skin." Sify Health. (July 19, 2012) http://health.sify.com/dermatology-qa-hot-vs-cold-water-for-your-skin/
- UWHealth. "The Benefits of Drinking Water for Your Skin." (Sept. 20, 2012) http://www.uwhealth.org/madison-plastic-surgery/the-benefits-of-drinking-water-for-your-skin/26334
Mature brides might want a classier palate for their wedding day. Check out this makeup guide for the mature bride.