The boho flower crown is a feminine and whimsical alternative to the traditional bridal veil, and is the current hottest wedding hair look. If you're a bohemian bride going for a romantic wedding, a flowery garland or crown made from fresh flowers accentuates your look. You can go for an ethereal, pure white crown to match your dress, bring out subtle tones from your bouquet with soft-toned blooms, or pop some serious color from flowers that will really turn heads. This is a creative yet easy look, since your tresses can be worn down, in a loose braid or a messy ponytail. Natalie Portman just said "I do" with a delicate flower crown, giving this look a serious celebrity endorsement.
- Bellasugar. "Brides and Beauty Through the Ages." (Aug. 8, 2012). http://www.bellasugar.com/Wedding-History-7911053?slide=9
- Glamour. "Wedding Hairstyles: Long V Short." (Aug. 8, 2012) http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/beauty-and-hair/hair-trends/2011/01/wedding-hair-hairstyles#!image-number=1
- Lowder, J. Bryan. "What's Up With the Up-Do?" Slate. April 29, 2011 (Aug. 12, 2012). http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2011/04/whats_up_with_the_updo.html
- Martha Stewart Weddings. "Beaded Flowers." Spring, 2003. (Aug. 12, 2012) http://www.marthastewart.com/268845/beaded-flowers
- Martha Stewart Weddings. "Fresh Flowers For Your Hair." Spring, 2003. (Aug. 10, 2012) http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/226359/fresh-flowers-your-hair
- Panych, Sophia. "Hair Ideas: How to Wear a Fascinator (Without Looking Stupid). Allure. June 19, 2012. (Aug. 12, 2012) http://www.allure.com/beauty-trends/blogs/daily-beauty-reporter/2012/06/hair-ideas-how-to-wear-a-fascinator-without-looking-stupid.html
Mature brides might want a classier palate for their wedding day. Check out this makeup guide for the mature bride.