Protecting your skin from the sun's harmful rays is something every bride should do, especially those spending a lot of time outdoors on the big day. Many cosmetic companies include SPF in the formula of their products, so there's no need to coat your face in greasy sunscreen. Take a good look at the label of your foundation and concealer -- if zinc oxide and titanium dioxide are present, it's likely that these cosmetics will lend you a little protection from the sun. Choose cosmetics labeled SPF 30 or higher to ensure the only pinkish tint that flushes your cheeks on your wedding day is simply the glow of a happy bride.
- Your Total Wedding Look, from Dress and Beauty to Bouquet and Accessories
- How important is it to moisturize regularly?
- 5 Things Your Skin Needs Every Day
- 10 Classic Wedding Beauty Ideas
- 10 Popular Beauty Treatments for Brides
- 5 Beauty Bag Essentials for Your Destination Wedding
- 5 Easy DIY Wedding Hairstyles
- 5 Country Wedding Beauty Ideas
- Guglielmetti, Petra. "Reader Q: What Eye Makeup Looks Best At An Outdoor, Daytime Wedding?" Glamour. July 29, 2010. (July 23, 2012) http://www.glamour.com/weddings/blogs/save-the-date/2010/07/reader-q-what-eye-makeup-looks.html
- Janes, Beth. "Makeup with Sun Protection." Good Housekeeping. (July 23, 2012) http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/beauty/makeup/sun-protection-makeup
- Leiva, Laura. "FAQs about Mineral Powder Makeup." Overstock.com. (July 23, 2012) http://www.overstock.com/guides/faqs-about-mineral-powder-makeup
- Medline Plus. "Salicylic Acid Topical." Oct. 1, 2010. (July 23, 2012) http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a607072.html
- Panych, Sophia. "Look Now: Bronze Skin." Allure. (July 23, 2012) http://www.allure.com/makeup-looks/2012/look-now-bronzer#slide=1
- Panych, Sophia. "Look Now: Daytime Smoky Eyes." Allure. (July 23, 2012) http://www.allure.com/makeup-looks/2012/look-now-daytime-smoky-eyes
- Q., Lily. "Beauty Tips For Daytime Weddings." The Frisky. June 3, 2009. (July 23, 2012) http://www.thefrisky.com/2009-06-03/beauty-tips-daytime-weddings/
- The Good Housekeeping Research Institute. "Long-wearing Foundations." (July 23, 2012) http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/product-reviews/beauty-products/foundation-reviews/best-long-wearing-foundations#slide-1
Mature brides might want a classier palate for their wedding day. Check out this makeup guide for the mature bride.