You probably wouldn't think to wear blue shoes as your something blue, but fun-loving brides are making this a new, modern tradition. What could be cuter than having some awesome blue peep-toe heels peeking out from underneath your wedding dress?
If the blue shoes are too daring for you, you could always just paint your toenails blue. Although not quite as daring, it's still a fun way to incorporate a nontraditional accent as part of your wedding wardrobe. Go with baby blue to match your garter, or get shocking Caribbean lacquer to complement the ocean -- especially if your honeymoon destination is in a tropical locale!
- Knowyourwedding.info. "Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue." Feb. 3, 2010. (July 24, 2010). http://www.knowyourwedding.info/group/weddingtraditionsandcustoms/forum/topics/something-old-something-new?xg_source=activity
- Favor Ideas. "The True Meanings of 'Something Old, Something New.'(July 24, 2010). http://www.favorideas.com/wedding-blog/the-true-meanings-of-something-old-something-new/
- GAgirl.com. "Georgia Girl's Wedding Traditions." (July 24, 2010). http://www.gagirl.com/wedding/wedding2.html
- Bella Sugar. "5 Ways To Do 'Something Old' Bella-Style." (July 24, 2010). http://www.bellasugar.com/Ideas-Something-Old-Wedding-8244088
- Seleshanko, Kristina. "Excerpt of Bridal Accessories." (July 24, 2010). http://www.vintageconnection.net/Bridal_Accessories.htm
- Wedding Channel. "Finding Something Old, New, Borrowed, and Blue." (July 24, 2010). http://weddings.weddingchannel.com/wedding-planning-ideas/wedding-fashion/articles/finding-something-old-new-borrowed-and-blue.aspx
Mature brides might want a classier palate for their wedding day. Check out this makeup guide for the mature bride.