Crashing True Love
Most people spend their second date taking in dinner and a movie, or something equally mundane. Tashana Landray and Angus MacLane decided to throw caution to the wind and crash a random wedding and reception. The pair chose their event based on details they found on public wedding Web sites, going so far as to concoct false stories about how they knew the happy couple. They brought a silly gift, took photos, mingled with guests and even spent time with the bride's family before calling it a night.
Acting as co-conspirators must have irreversibly bonded them, because the couple married in 2005 following a four-year courtship. Of course, their guest list wouldn't have been complete unless they included the couple whose wedding they crashed during their relationship's infancy. The crashees declined their invitation, which is unfortunate, since it probably would have made for some interesting pictures and stories.
- 10 Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Things That Might Happen at Your Wedding
- 10 Ways to Keep Guests Entertained Until Your Reception Send-off
- 10 Wedding Reception Rituals We Wish Would Die Already
- 10 Outrageous Gifts Brides Can't Believe They Received
- 10 Dead Giveaways You've Hired a Dud DJ
- 10 Unexpected Wedding Expenses
- How to Stock the Bar for Your Wedding Reception
- Why are wedding invitations so expensive?
More Great Links
- Adib, Desiree. "Pop Star Justin Beiber is on the Brink of Superstardom." ABC News. Nov. 14, 2009. (Aug. 28, 2011) http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/teen-pop-star-justin-bieber-discovered-youtube/story?id=9068403
- Associated Press. "Real life wedding crashers arrested in Mass." CBS Channel 6, WRGB. June 2, 2011. (Aug. 16, 2011) http://www.cbs6albany.com/articles/crashers-1285556-life-mass.html
- Good Morning America. "Real-life Wedding Crashers Return the Favor." Good Morning America. Dec. 30, 2005. (Aug. 16, 2011) http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1455304
- Heather in Atlanta. Personal interview conducted by Alia Hoyt. Aug. 15, 2011.
- Knot, the. "Wedding Guests: How to Deal With Wedding Crashers." The Knot. 2011. (Aug. 16, 2011) http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-guests/articles/how-to-deal-with-wedding-crashers.aspx
- Murphy, Ryan. "How to: Crash a Wedding." Ask Men. 2011. (Aug. 17, 2011) http://www.askmen.com/money/how_to_200/241b_how_to.html
- Polish American Cultural Center. "Polish Wedding Traditions." (Aug. 19, 2011) http://www.polishamericancenter.org/PolishWeddingTraditionsInstructionBooklet.pdf
- Renee in Memphis. Personal interview conducted by Alia Hoyt. Aug. 15, 2011.
- Schwartz, Alison. "Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez are Wedding Crashers." July 18, 2011. (Aug. 16, 2011) http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20511025,00.html
Wedding guest lists are getting smaller. But it's not just because weddings are getting more expensive. HowStuffWorks looks at the microwedding trend.