Sometimes, fancy cocktails filled with fruits, veggies and exotic liquors need to take a back seat to the ultimate refresher, the old-fashioned gin and tonic. Just take some gin, pour it in a glass with some tonic water and ice and add a squeeze of fresh lime. The good news is that gin can really vary in taste depending on what kind you get, ranging from piney to those containing floral notes. Test out some different gins before your nuptials, or provide a gin and tonic station with a variety of flavors that your guests can sample themselves.
- Make These Summer Cocktail Recipes with Farmers' Market Ingredients
- Coconut Cocktail
- Brazilian Caipirinha Cocktail
- "Bellini Cocktail." Gourmetsleuth.com. March 3, 2012. http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/Recipes/Cocktails-Alcohol-402/Bellini-Cocktail-221.aspx
- "Citrus White Wine Spritzer." Foodnetwork.com. March 3, 2012. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/citrus-white-wine-spritzer-recipe/index.html
- "Drinks containing Lemonade." Barnonedrinks.com. March 3, 2012. http://www.barnonedrinks.com/drinks/by_ingredient/l/lemonade-621.html
- "Happy Hour: Cucumber Cocktail." Yumsugar.com. March 3, 2012. http://www.yumsugar.com/Happy-Hour-Cucumber-Cocktail-754163
- "Mint Julep." Esquire.com. March 3, 2012. http://www.esquire.com/drinks/mint-julep-drink-recipe
- "Mojito." Foodnetwork.com. March 3, 2012. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alex-garcia/mojito-recipe/index.html
- "Strawberry Cooler." Imbibemagazine.com. March 3, 2012. http://www.imbibemagazine.com/Strawberry-Cooler-Recipe
- "Summer Cocktails." Marthastewart.com. March 3, 2012. http://www.marthastewart.com/274560/summer-cocktails/@center/276959/cocktail-hour#/257353
Wedding guest lists are getting smaller. But it's not just because weddings are getting more expensive. HowStuffWorks looks at the microwedding trend.