With a little bit of luck and hard work, your marriage will thrive for years to come. It's that much more important for you and your hubby-to-be to feel confident in your choice of officiant if you hope that he'll evolve into a spiritual guide or a mentor throughout your relationship.
Few people manage to navigate life's rocky waters without a few bumps along the way, whether they're directly related to your marriage or caused by other major life events. If you choose carefully, your wedding officiant has the potential to assist you through dark times and help you more fully embrace your partner's strengths and gifts. He'll possess this insight because he clearly knows where you came from and where you hope to go -- together.
- 10 Questions to Ask Your Wedding Planner
- 10 Questions to Ask Your Wedding Photographer
- 5 Wedding Planning Tips for the Type A Bride
- Interethnic Weddings: Love in the Melting Pot
- Tips for Planning a Perfect Wedding
- Elopement: First choice or last resort?
- Vows That Wow -- and Mean Something
- Altar Falter: What's next when the bride or groom says "I don't"?