If your impending nuptials have left you in need of a good laugh, press play for "The Hangover." We know you've probably already seen the 2009 comedy, but it's worth a second sit-through for the belly laughs alone. There's just something so right about losing your soon-to-wed friend during a night of partying in Vegas. Plus, everything turns out OK in the end, which is really the moral of any good wedding movie.
- Ebert, Roger. "My Best Friend's Wedding." Chicago Sun-Times. June 27, 1997. (Oct. 3, 2010).http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/19970627/REVIEWS/706270303/1023
- FilmSite. "The Father of the Bride (1950)." FilmSite.org. (Aug. 20, 2010)http://www.filmsite.org/fath.html
- Gustafson, Donna. "Father of the Bride." Parent Previews. Dec. 31, 1993. (Oct. 1, 2010).http://www.parentpreviews.com/movie-reviews/father-of-the-bride/#review-wrapper
- IMDB. "The Princess Bride." IMDB.com. (Aug. 20, 2010)http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093779/
- Kehr, Dave. "My Big Fat Greek Wedding." The New York Times. (Oct. 1, 2010).http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/261239/My-Big-Fat-Greek-Wedding/overview
- Newline Cinema. "The Wedding Crashers." Newline.com. (Aug. 20, 2010)http://www.newline.com/properties/weddingcrashers.html
- The Internet Movie Database. "Bride Wars." (Oct. 2, 2010).http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0901476/
- The Internet Movie Database. "The Wedding Singer." (Oct. 2, 2010).http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120888/
- Warner Bros. "The Hangover." WarnerBros.com. (Aug. 20, 2010)http://hangovermovie.warnerbros.com/
- Universal Studios. "The Wedding Date." UniversalStudiosEntertainment.com. (Aug. 20, 2010)http://www.universalstudiosentertainment.com/the-wedding-date/
No bridesmaid? No problem. You can just hire Jen Glantz. HowStuffWorks talked to her about how she became the go-to bridesmaid for brides.