Any song you use as a funny reversal on the old " and they lived happily ever after" theme may end up backfiring, so be careful. Showing disrespect for wedding traditions and sentiments is nothing to take lightly. Your big wink to the audience might end up being taken as a backhanded slap. When in doubt, stick to the conventional, classy numbers.
- Bride-O-Rama. "My Top 11 Most Annoying/Overplayed Wedding Reception Songs." 8/7/07. 6/2/10.http://www.brideorama.com/post/1677/my-top-11-most-annoying-overplayed-wedding-reception-songs
- Carrigan, Laura Webb. "The Best Friend's Guide to Planning a Wedding." Harper Collins. 2001.
- Hyperborea. "Songs Not to Play at a Wedding." 3/15/04. 6/2/10.http://www.hyperborea.org/journal/2004/03/songs-not-to-play-at-a-wedding/
- NPR. "Least Appropriate Wedding Songs Ever." 6/11/09. 6/3/10.http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=105250727&ft=1&f=1039
- Rankopedia. "Worst Songs to Play at a Wedding." 2/15/10. 6/3/10.http://www.rankopedia.com/256/Worst-Song-To-Play-at-a-Wedding/Step1/12034.htm
- Rothstein, Barbara and Gloria Sklerov. "The Complete Wedding Music Guide and Planner. Andrews McMeel Publishing. 2002.
- The Knot. "Wedding Music: What's Your Wedding Reception Music Style?" Undated. 6/2/10.http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-music-ideas/articles/whats-your-wedding-reception-music-style.aspx?MsdVisit=1
- Top Five Music. "The Top 10 Worst Songsto Play at Your Wedding." 6/13/01. 6/3/10.http://www.littlefivers.com/music/worst-songs-to-play-at-your-wedding/
- Wedding Music Central. "A Musical Tour." Undated. 6/4/10.http://www.weddingmusiccentral.com/advice_tour.php?osCsid=4fbe77c22c6d9e2a10211a9edd336b57
- Wedding Music Central. "3 Steps to the Wedding Soundtrack of Your Dreams." Undated. 6/3/10.http://www.weddingmusiccentral.com/advice_3steps.php?osCsid=4fbe77c22c6d9e2a10211a9edd336b57
- Wedding Music Central. "How to Avoid the 3 Biggest Wedding Mistakes Most Couples Make..." Undated. 6/3/10.http://www.weddingmusiccentral.com/advice_mistakes.php?osCsid=4fbe77c22c6d9e2a10211a9edd336b57
The DJ can make or break your wedding reception. Identify bad candidates by learning 10 dead giveaways you've hired a dud DJ.