Hint: If his response is "The pay is good, and the brides are smokin' hot," he might be lacking the passion for his craft that you certainly want reflected in your wedding photographs. Otherwise, the answer doesn't really matter, as long as you get the succinct impression that he enjoys his work, particularly interacting with other people and providing a top-quality finished product.
These questions might seem over-the-top to some brides, but when you're 90 years old and looking back on your wedding album with tears of joy in your eyes, you'll be thankful that you made the extra effort to hire just the right professional for the job.
- Chertoff, Anne. "How to Choose a Great Wedding Photographer." Brides. (March 8, 2011). http://www.brides.com/wedding-ideas/wedding-photos-videos/2009/06/how-to-choose-a-great-wedding-photographer
- Lydia in Fort Worth, Texas. E-mail interview conducted by Alia Hoyt. March 7, 2011.
- "Selecting a Photographer." Wedding Channel. (March 8, 2011). http://weddings.weddingchannel.com/wedding-planning-ideas/wedding-photography-tips/articles/selecting-a-photographer.aspx
- Stiverson, Miles. "Wedding Photography and Videography: Your Top Questions Answered." (March 8, 2011). http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-photography-videography/articles/top-wedding-photo-and-video-questions-answered.aspx
- The Editors at Modern Bride Magazine. "Essential Questions for Your Photographer." Brides. (March 8, 2011). http://www.brides.com/wedding-ideas/wedding-photos-videos/2006/12/essential-questions-for-your-photographer
- The Editors at Modern Bride Magazine. "Hiring the Perfect Photographer." Brides. (March 8, 2011). http://www.brides.com/wedding-ideas/wedding-photos-videos/2006/12/hiring-the-perfect-photographer
The DJ can make or break your wedding reception. Identify bad candidates by learning 10 dead giveaways you've hired a dud DJ.