What could be more perfect for a first dance song than "At Last," the 1961 rhythm and blues classic sung by Etta James? If your love has "finally come along" and your "lonely days are over," this one's for you. Written by Mack Gordon and Harry Warren in 1941, "At Last" was a big hit for the Glen Miller Orchestra way back in 1942. It's a popular first dance wedding tune for a good reason; it's a touching, slow number with loads of class.
- "Song Facts." Undated. 6/7/10.http://www.songfacts.com/categories.php
- AOL Radio Blog. "10 Best Wedding Songs for the First Dance." Undated. 6/7/10http://www.aolradioblog.com/2009/06/05/10-best-wedding-songs-for-the-first-dance/
- Carrigan, Laura Webb. "The Best Friend's Guide to Planning a Wedding." Harper Collins. 2001.
- Get Married. "115 First Dance Wedding Songs." Undated. 6/7/10.http://www.getmarried.com/wedding-blog/2010/03/19/top-115-first-dance-wedding-songs/
- Rothstein, Barbara and Gloria Sklerov. "The Complete Wedding Music Guide and Planner. Andrews McMeel Publishing. 2002.
- The Knot. "50 Classic First Dance Songs." Undated. 6/7/10.http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-music-ideas/articles/50-classic-first-dance-songs.aspx?MsdVisit=1
- The Knot. "Wedding Songs: 10 New First Dance Songs." Undated. 6/3/10.http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-music-ideas/articles/new-classic-first-dance-wedding-songs.aspx
- WedAlert. "First Dance." Undated. 6/7/10.http://www.wedalert.com/songs/firstdance/index.asp
The DJ can make or break your wedding reception. Identify bad candidates by learning 10 dead giveaways you've hired a dud DJ.