This bittersweet ballad from contemporary Christian artist Bob Carlisle is custom-made for the father-daughter wedding dance. The lyrics describe the beauty, imperfection and inevitable changes that come with fatherhood, from a little girl's bedtime prayers to walking her down the aisle. Its gentle melody is perfect for slow dancing or simply swaying to the beat, so no fancy dance skills are required.
Before you head out on the dance floor however, you may want to break out the tissues. This song is super-sentimental, and it's likely to leave you and many of your guests in tears. Because of the heavy emotions involved in this song, it should only be chosen by brides who share a strong, heartfelt relationship with Dad. Its obvious Christian influences mean that it's the most appropriate for traditional religious ceremonies.
- 10 Wedding Reception Rituals We Wish Would Die Already
- 10 Picture-perfect Wedding Poses and Candids
- 10 Signs You're Turning into Bridezilla
- 10 Great Wedding Themes
- 10 Gift Ideas for Your Maid of Honor
- 10 Questions to Ask Your Wedding Planner
- How to Choose the Best Bridal Bouquet for Your Personality
- How to Choose the Best Wedding Reception Site for Your Personality
The DJ can make or break your wedding reception. Identify bad candidates by learning 10 dead giveaways you've hired a dud DJ.