Wedding Cake Buffet
Wedding cakes can be ridiculously expensive, so it's not surprising that many brides initially balk at the idea of a cake buffet. However, a cake buffet can actually save you money. Think about it -- regardless if you're inviting 12 or 1,200 guests, you've got to find a way to feed them all. Since wedding cakes are pretty much the priciest kind of cake you can buy, offering multiple, lower-priced choices will end up costing you less than a single large wedding cake. It's like taking a week-long honeymoon in Cancun vs. a weekend in Paris. They're both great, but for many couples, more is better.
Wedding cake buffets are also about more than saving a buck. By offering several choices, you can make sure there's something for everybody, and you can incorporate multiple ideas and even get a little crazy. Many of the options already mentioned in this article will work here: a plate of cupcakes, a few fruit-filled offerings, cheesecakes and cookie cakes, radical colors and flavors. It's all up to you! Just make sure you stop to rub a handful of cake on your sweetie's face before everyone starts digging in.
- 1 Wedding Source. "Cheesecake Wedding Cakes." 2009. (May 26, 2010).http://www.1weddingsource.com/weddingcakes/cheesecake.php
- Dictionary.com. "Cake." 2010. (May 26, 2010).http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cake
- --- "Pie." 2010. (May 26, 2010).http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pie
- Ellison, Linda. "How to Save Money on a Wedding Cake with a Cake Buffet." eHow. 2010. (May 27, 2010).http://www.ehow.com/how_5026581_save-wedding-cake-cake-buffet.html
- Wedding Depot. "Wedding Cake Toppers." 2010. (May 27, 2010).http://www.weddingdepot.com/catalog/default.php/category/Wedding%2BCake%2BToppers/cPath/24_58
Would you dare to make your own wedding cake? Learn all about diy wedding cakes in this article.