Anything but Flowers
You can totally eliminate the risk of pesticide-laden flower arrangements by creating picturesque arrangements out of beautiful, everyday items. The perfect decorative centerpieces for a beach wedding, for example, are glass vases filled with sand and seashells. Garden weddings can take a cue from the same concept, but with colorful stones or fresh lavender instead. And you'll entirely eliminate the problem of centerpieces that make it difficult for dinner guests to see over the table if you trade the traditional arrangement for one with conversation-starter potential. The creative experts at Favor Ideas suggest filling the empty table space with board games, jigsaw puzzles or even a gold fish in its very own bowl. Children and kids-at-heart are sure to enjoy these unique centerpiece options, which can double as party favors.
- Blackler, Delia. "Unique Floral Arrangements." Good Housekeeping. (2010).http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/decor/flower-produce-arrangements-0501
- Favor Ideas. "Eight Incredible Centerpieces for Your Wedding." (2010).http://www.favorideas.com/learn-about/centerpiece-ideas/fantastically-unique-centerpieces-make-a-wedding-memorable/
- Martha Stewart Weddings "Pansies." (2010).http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/article/pansies
- Martha Stewart Weddings. "Crafted Bouquet." (2010).http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/article/crafted-bouquet
- Martha Stewart Weddings. "Garden Favors." (2010).http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/article/garden-favors
- Martha Stewart Weddings. "Favor Centerpieces: Garden to Go." (2010).http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/article/favor-centerpieces-garden-to-go
- Organic Style. (2010).http://www.organicstyle.com/
- United States Environmental Protection Agency. "Nurseries & Greenhouses." (2010).http://www.epa.gov/oecaagct/nurgreen.html#Best Management Practices
Would you dare to make your own wedding cake? Learn all about diy wedding cakes in this article.