It'll be a Glimpse Into Britain's Future
Although this wedding is the end of a courtship, we think it's the beginning of a new and promising future for the couple and for England, too.
It's obvious that Prince William was born and bred for international leadership, and Kate's newfound status as an official princess will give her the opportunity to impact the lives of her countrymen and women in major, tangible ways. Perhaps the duo will usher in an era of economic prosperity and change that England desperately needs.
Even if that is an exceptionally tall order, they can be counted on to produce one "product" in particular -- gorgeous kids! (Hey, no pressure if you're reading this, Wills and Kate.)
- 10 Silver Screen Princesses and Their To-die-for Hollywood Weddings
- 10 Reasons Not to Be Jealous of Princess Brides
- 10 Tips to Get a Princess-worthy Dress on a Budget
- 5 Prince William Wedding Rumors
- Real Princess or Disney Princess?
- How can I marry prince charming?
- Who pays for a royal wedding -- and how much does it cost?
- Chertoff, Ann. "Prince William & Kate Middleton: Royal Engagement Souvenirs." AOL. Nov. 17, 2010. (Jan. 23, 2011). http://royalwedding.aol.com/2010/11/17/royal-engagement-souvenirs-prince-william-kate-middleton/
- Groggel, Greg. "Royal Wedding Planning: The Dress, the Guests, the Bachelor Party?" ABC News. Dec. 1, 2010. (Jan. 23, 2011). http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/royal-wedding-planning-dress-guests-bachelor-party/story?id=12284206
- Perry, Simon. "Prince William's Wedding: Palace Reveals New Details." People. Jan. 5, 2011. (Jan. 23, 2011).http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20455005,00.html
- "Photos: A Brief History of Westminster Abbey." Time. (Jan. 23, 2011).http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,2032817,00.html
- "Royal Wedding Plans." My Fox New York. Jan. 5, 2011. (Jan. 23, 2011).http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/international/royal-wedding-plans-20110105
- "Royal Wedding: William and Kate Start Planning." BBC News. Nov. 17, 2010. (Jan. 23, 2011).http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11776941
- Vinograd, Cassandra. "Betting-hungry Brits Wager on Royal Wedding." Seattle Times. Jan. 21, 2011. (Jan. 23, 2011).http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2014001950_royals22.html
Americans don’t have a royal family, but are fascinated by royalty. HowStuffWorks looks at five Americans who married into royalty.