Grenada is famous for its spices -- in fact, its nickname is "Spice Island." For centuries, this lush island has exported nutmeg, mace, cinnamon and cloves. Seasoned travelers love Grenada for its laid back, unpretentious attitude.
This is a great destination for couples who like to be active together. Grenada's natural features include waterfalls, rainforests, beaches with both black and white sand, and jungles packed with tropical birds and monkeys. Spend a Saturday morning visiting Market Square, where you can enjoy the hustle and bustle of local vendors selling mangoes, coconuts, bananas and more. Then hike to the Seven Sisters Waterfalls, where you can jump in for a refreshing swim.
For more on weddings, honeymoons and travel, check out the links below.
- 10 Honeymoon Destinations for Every Personality
- American Royalty: 10 Fabulous Weddings
- 10 Biggest Wedding Expenses
- House or Honeymoon? Why Some Couples Ditch the Getaway
- What to Pack (and Leave Behind) For Your Honeymoon
- Can I afford a honeymoon?
- Are all-inclusive honeymoons worth the cost?
- Why do some couples take a belated honeymoon?
- "22 Top Caribbean Honeymoon Spots." Bridal Guide. 2011. (Mar. 4, 2011)http://www.bridalguide.com/honeymoons/caribbean/22-top-caribbean-honeymoon-spots
- "Caribbean Islands." CaribbeanIslands.us. 2010. (Mar. 4, 2011)http://www.caribbeanislands.us/
- Stock, Jon. "Nevis, Caribbean: Living the easy island life." The Telegraph. Oct. 14, 2010. (Mar. 4, 2011)http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/centralamericaandcaribbean/8063450/Nevis-Caribbean-Living-the-easy-island-life.html
More than one couple has felt the urge to run off and elope. See whether elopement should be your first choice or only your last resort.