Online registries are so hassle-free and easy to use that your future hubby can help you set up the list and even have a say in what's included. He can surf the site with you or on his own computer and add whatever he wants to the list (don't worry, you'll have the option of deleting it later). That way you two can build the registry together, even if that Blu-ray player he selected doesn't make the final cut.
You can also request unusual or nontraditional items with an online registry. Plates and bath towels are great, but if you two just can't decide on a vacuum cleaner, don't be afraid to ask for a gift card or two. If you're thinking of something a little more adult, you can always open another account and make it only visible to your maid of honor, bridesmaids and a few carefully chosen friends. Your girlfriends can get you something a little risqué, and your snooty aunt will never be the wiser.
- 10 Gifts that Should Be On Your Wedding Registry
- 10 Things Your Groom Will Love (Or At Least Not Hate) About Wedding Planning
- 10 Great Wedding Themes
- Ultimate Guide to Alternative Wedding Registries
- Groom's Gift: Totally Optional, but Totally Awesome
- How to Design Your Own Engagement Ring
- Are guests expected to give engagement, shower and wedding gifts?