When All Else Fails…
Planning a wedding while dealing with a nagging mom can take its toll on your (and your betrothed) sanity. If your stress levels are through the roof, it might be time to enlist an intermediary to handle your mom -- and that's what your maid or matron of honor is there for. Your mom might be more likely to take direction (and less likely to take things personally) if they come from someone other than you. You'll owe your special attendant big-time, but it's a small price to pay for some peace of mind.
- Emily Post. "Tips for Mom: They're Engaged!" (Aug. 15, 2011) http://www.emilypost.com/weddings/youre-engaged/418-tips-for-mom-theyre-engaged
- New York Daily News. "Planning Your Wedding with Mom and Without a Fight." May 11, 2008. (Aug. 15, 2011) http://articles.nydailynews.com/2008-05-11/entertainment/17897056_1_mother-daughter-wedding-mother-and-daughter
- The Knot. "Budgeting for the Wedding: Who Pays for What?" (Aug. 15, 2011) http://wedding.theknot.com/bridesmaids-mother-of-the-bride/mother-of-the-bride/articles/wedding-budget-who-pays-for-what.aspx
- The Knot. "Mother of the Bride: Top 8 Wedding Tips for Moms." (Aug. 15, 2011) http://wedding.theknot.com/bridesmaids-mother-of-the-bride/mother-of-the-bride/articles/top-8-wedding-tips-for-moms.aspx
- The Knot. "Mother of the Groom: Basic Etiquette Q&A." (Aug. 15, 2011) http://wedding.theknot.com/bridesmaids-mother-of-the-bride/mother-of-the-bride/articles/mother-of-the-groom-etiquette.aspxh
- The Knot. "Wedding Traditions and Superstitions: 50 Facts & Trivia." (Aug. 17, 2011) http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-customs/articles/50-wedding-traditions-superstitions-facts-trivia.aspx?MsdVisit=1
Making over your mom for your wedding day is a fun activity for both mom and daughter. Learn about making over your mom for your wedding day.