Maybe you and your partner are completely out there, or maybe you're just huge fans of horror films. Either way, a zombie theme is about as wacky as you can get at a wedding.
To really spook your guests, make sure your costume makeup and hair give you the true look of the living dead -- pale skin, tattered and bloodstained clothing, and any other effects you want to add. And when you walk down the aisle, make sure it's in true undead fashion, with arms locked straight out before you and your body slowly lumbering forward.
For the reception, shock guests with a blood-splattered wedding cake (food coloring, of course). Or, to go completely over the top, have the cake designed to look like brains! If your wackiness is a few notches lower than that, decorations inspired by Tim Burton's "The Corpse Bride" will allow you a more light-hearted approach to incorporating your theme. Don't forget to rent a hearse to serve as the getaway car and to let the world know you're recently buried -- er, married.
Keep reading to learn about lots more wacky ways to celebrate your marriage
- Akamatsu, Rhetta. "Unusual Weddings, Unique Settings." FavorIdeas.com. (April 9, 2010)http://www.favorideas.com/wedding-themes/unique-themes/unusual-weddings-unique-settings/
- Ask Ginka. "Theme Wedding and Party Guide." (April 9, 2010)http://www.askginka.com/themes/civil-war-theme-wedding-party.htm
- Buy Wedding Favors Online. "Discerning Camouflage Ring Pillow." (April 9, 2010)http://www.buyweddingfavorsonline.com/blandwhripi.html
- Captain Jack Events. "Captain Jack Weddings." (April 13, 2010)http://www.captainjackevents.com/pirateweddings.html
- Civil War Interactive. "A Civil War Wedding: Dinner Menus." (April 9, 2010)http://www.civilwarinteractive.com/CWCBWeddingMenu.htm
- Jean M Blog. "Jean M Creates a Twilight Fantasy Wedding Theme." (April 9, 2010)http://blog.myjeanm.com/2009/11/jean-m-creates-a-twilight-fantasy-wedding-theme.html
- Lovelylish. "Totally Tacky Theme Weddings." August 6, 2009. (April 9, 2010)http://www.lovelyish.com/709128814/totally-tacky-theme-weddings/
- LoveTripper.com "Looking Back at Denise Richards and Charlie Sheen's 2002 Wedding." May 31, 2008. (April 9, 2010)http://www.lovetripper.com/bridalstars/2008/05/looking-back-at-denise-richards-and.html
- Tacky Weddings. "Hello Kitty Weddings." January 22, 2009. (April 9, 2010)http://tackyweddings.com/2009/01/22/hello-kitty-weddings-part-ii/
- Terry, Christa. "Unusual Weddings." Manolo Brides. (April 9, 2010)http://manolobrides.com/category/weddings/unusual-weddings/
- The Ring Bearer. "Star Trek Wedding Traditions." (April 9, 2010)http://theringbearer.ca/new_wedding_attire.php?aid=2968
- Wedding Themes and More. "Pirate Wedding: Treasures in a Hidden Cove." (April 13, 2010)http://www.wedthemes.com/pirate-wedding.shtml
- WeddingVendors.com. "Crazy Wedding Theme Ideas." September 17, 2009. (April 9, 2010)http://www.weddingvendors.com/planning/articles/crazy-wedding-theme-ideas/
- WeirdWorm. "7 Weird Wedding Themes." January 13, 2010. (April 9, 2010)http://www.weirdworm.com/7-weird-weddings-themes/
Bachelor parties date back to the time of the Spartans. HowStuffWorks dives into the history of these testosterone-filled bashes.