Tips to Add Cosmopolitan Flair to Urban Style
One of the easiest and least expensive ways to add cosmopolitan flair to urban style is through accessories. And while amassing scarves and jewelry from your travels is the ideal way to keep it cosmo, not all of us have the travel budget to keep our style transitioning through the seasons. Keep an eye on what's hot on the runways -- which is often inspired by a hybrid of cosmopolitan fashions -- because you're sure to find cheap knock offs a short time after the close of fashion week.
Look for a smart hat that will always up the ante on an outfit. Fedoras are back for fall if you want to add a little film noir fashion to your urban duds. Big baubles never seem to go out of style and wear well with a simple cotton t-shirt and jeans, so look for strands in dyed wood or shiny plastic to glam up a pared down urban look. Seasonal handbags are another way to incorporate cosmopolitan details into urban style. Fall styles seem to be favoring simple forms with lots of embellishments like glitter and feathers. A shiny clutch and some oversized hoops are great ways to rock your urban basics while adding some cosmopolitan flair.
- What's been the biggest change in fashion trends in the last decade?
- A Faux Fix - Is Fake a New Design Trend?
- 10 Fashion Lessons We Can Learn From Marilyn Monroe
- 5 Easy Ways to Change Your Look
- "Fall 2012 Accessories Roundup." Wmagazine.com. Sept. 9, 2012. http://www.wmagazine.com/accessories/2012/03/fall-2012-accessories-roundup-ss#slide
- "Street Style Spring 2013: New York Fashion Week." Elle.com. Sept. 9, 2012. http://www.elle.com/fashion/street-chic/zen-sevastyanova-new-york-fashion-week-street-style?click=pp#slide-6
- "Urban Guides." Localspotter.com. Sept. 9, 2012. http://localspotter.com/
- "What's Trending for Fall 2012 Fashion." Urban-fashion.org. Sept. 9, 2012. http://www.urban-fashion.org/fashion-trends.php