Designers like Alessandro Dell'Acqua have used madras and other shirting fabrics in their spring clothing lines, but you may want to start small. No problem. Madras is pretty democratic. You can find it in everything from ties to loungewear. If you're a minimalist, consider adding a blue and green madras belt to that no nonsense navy blue dress. What about a madras tie for your honey's linen blazer. Madras pocket squares are also a nice touch. Whether it's a hair ornament or a plaid sneaker with more personality than arch support, if you can say it with fabric, you can celebrate it with madras. Don't be shy. Get out there and adopt a plaid of your very own.
- Fabric Fashion. "Madras & Organic cotton clothing & Fabrics." 3/2010. (4/10/12). http://fabrics-fashion.blogspot.com/
- Fabric Stock Exchange. "Textile Talk." (4/10/12). http://fabricstockexchange.com/blog/resources/common-fabric-types/
- Fashion Beans. "Men's Fashion Basics – Part 70 – Re-introducing Shorts." 3/2012. (4/10/12). http://www.fashionbeans.com/2012/mens-fashion-basics-mens-shorts/
- HistClo. "Historical boys' Clothing." 12/1/99. (4/10/12). http://histclo.com/mat/mat-madras.html
- Just Madras. "About Us." (4/10/12). http://justmadras.com/pages/about.htm
- Mower, Sarah. "The Social Shopper." Vogue. 2012. (4/10/12). http://www.vogue.com/collections/spring-2012-rtw/no-21/review/
- Plaid Madras. "The History and Making of Plaid Madras." 10/3/09. (4/10/12). http://www.plaidmadras.com/plaid-madras/the-history-and-making-of-plaid-madras
- Textile Glossary. "Madras." (4/10/12). http://www.textileglossary.com/terms/madras.html
- Thompson, Arienne. "A madras look for the ages." 6/27/07. (4/10/12). http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/2007-06-26-mens-madras_N.htm
- Wasp 101. "Madras Clothing - By Richard." 1/25/12. (4/10/12). http://wasp101.blogspot.com/2012/01/madras-clothing-by-richard.html
- Wise Geek. "What is Madras Fabric?" (4/10/12). http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-madras-fabric.htm
Squeezing into a tight pair of Spanx can make you look better, if not feel better. Learn about shapewear by reading this article at HowStuffWorks.