The entire point of having a mom uniform is convenience. They say Albert Einstein had an entire closet full of brown suits, so he never had to waste any time trying to decide what to wear. While we don't suggest you dress like Albert Einstein, we do think the man had a point.
When you do find something that works for you, don't buy just one. Buy a few. Buy it in different colors. If you look great in a high-quality slim-fit tee, buy a bunch of them. Pair them with different cardigans and jackets, along with a chunky necklace and stylish jeans. Finish off the outfit with a nice pair of flats. Voila -- you have your mommy uniform. Not only will you always have several ensembles in your closet that you know look great on you, but you've also just developed a signature style. Congratulations!
For more on fashion and style, check out the links below.
- Butterer, Karmen. "Fashion and Makeup for New Moms." BabyCenter. Oct. 2006. (Jan. 17, 2011)http://www.babycenter.com/0_fashion-and-makeup-for-new-moms_11815.bc
- Dowd, Colleen and Wohlgemuth, Jessica. "Recreate Celebrity Mom Style." Parents. 2011. (Jan. 17, 2011)http://www.parents.com/parenting/moms/fashion/celebrity-mom-style/
- "Home." SpareSoles.com. 2011. (Jan. 17, 2011)http://www.sparesoles.com/index.html
- "How to be a Stylish Mom." WardrobeOxygen.com. Sep. 16, 2011. (Jan. 17, 2011)http://www.wardrobeoxygen.com/2009/09/how-to-be-stylish-mom.html
- Werling, Mike. "10 Traits Entrepreneurs and Einstein Share." Entrepreneur. Oct. 15, 2008. (Jan. 17, 2011)http://www.entrepreneur.com/greatminds/article197836.html
- Waring, Michael. "Classics Rock: Give New Life to Closet Standbys." Family Circle. (Jan. 17, 2011). http://www.familycircle.com/style/fashion/classics-rock-give-new-life-to-closet-stand-bys-/?page=1
Squeezing into a tight pair of Spanx can make you look better, if not feel better. Learn about shapewear by reading this article at HowStuffWorks.