Pick Easy-care Fabrics
No matter what your style or personal fashion preference, there's one thing all moms can agree on: You want clothes that are washable, easy to care for and durable. During a typical mom day, your clothes may come into contact with food, milk, spit-up, boogers, other unmentionable things, mud, lollipops and peanut butter. Can your clothes stand up to that kind of combat?
Nobody, especially a new mother, needs to spend precious time driving back and forth to the dry cleaners. When shopping for clothes, keep the following tips in mind:
- If it says "hand wash only," put it back on the rack.
- Ditto to "dry clean only."
- Avoid delicate fabrics like silk or rayon.
- Stay away from fabrics that wrinkle easily or need ironing.
- Keep an eye out for words like "wrinkle resistant" or "stain guard."
- Look for fabric with "give," to allow for your ever-changing mommy figure.
Speaking of your figure, check out our next tip.