Adopt a New Persona
Sure, you might be a computer programmer or accountant by day, but there's no reason that your wardrobe can't express your inner creative tendencies. For example, if you've always longed to sport the look of a professional dancer, but never managed to hit the stage, pick up some fitted, scoop-necked shirts or leotards and pair one with a flowing skirt. Tie your hair up in a chignon on the nape of your neck and you practically scream "starving artist with underappreciated talent." Or, if you lean toward the more ethnically-inspired bohemian look, simply don a peasant blouse, minimalist makeup and natural, product-free hair style.
- Harden, Natasha. "Spring Up and Stand Out!" Oakland Local. April 24, 2012. (May 3, 2012). http://oaklandlocal.com/posts/2012/04/spring-and-stand-out-bohemian-style-tips-natasha-community-voices
- Miller, Linda. "Get Ready to Go!" NewsOK. May 1, 2012. (May 3, 2012). http://newsok.com/get-ready-to-go-must-have-wardrobe-items-to-pack-for-your-summer-vacation/article/3671516
- Peter, Joanna Christy. "Maximise that look." Deccan Chronicle. April 25, 2012. (May 3, 2012). http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/lifestyle/trends/maximise-look-460
- Veitch, Harriet. "How did the Czech province of Bohemia come to be associated with smelly artistic types?" July 23, 2005. (May 3, 2012). http://www.smh.com.au/news/big-questions/how-did-the-czech-province-of-bohemia-come-to-be-associated-withsmelly-artistic-types/2005/07/22/1121539134940.html
- Yaeger, Lynn. "The History of the Bohemian Fashion World, part one." Village Voice. May 17, 2005. (May 3, 2012). http://www.villagevoice.com/2005-05-17/nyc-life/the-history-of-the-bohemian-fashion-world-part-one/
Squeezing into a tight pair of Spanx can make you look better, if not feel better. Learn about shapewear by reading this article at HowStuffWorks.