If you're rocking a fuller figure, then a swim dress may be the suit for you. If this conjures up visions of your Great Aunt Helen lying around at the pool in her old lady skirted swimsuit, then you haven't shopped for a suit in a while. Newer styles have replaced frump with fashion in a multitude of styles and colors. Many styles feature gathered material in the torso that help hide stomach pooch and others offer flattering V-necks to highlight one of the plusses of being a plus size. You can also opt for a swim skirt to pair with a tankini top or swim shorts for a more retro look or to achieve surfer-girl chic.
- Crow, Kim. "Size 14 is average Amercian woman's size, but not the average shopper's." Cleveland.com. August 25, 2010. http://www.cleveland.com/style/index.ssf/2010/08/size_14_is_average_american_wo.html
- Glassman, Adam. "Find the Perfect Swimsuit for Your Shape." Oprah.com. June 2010. http://www.oprah.com/style/Os-Swimsuit-Makeovers-for-Every-Body-Type
- "How to Buy Women's Swimsuits." Sportsauthority.com. March 25, 2012. http://www.sportsauthority.com/info/index.jsp?categoryId=222805#D
- "How to Find the Most Flattering Swimsuit for Your Body Type." Oprah.com. June 2011. http://www.oprah.com/style/How-to-Choose-the-Right-Swimsuit-for-Your-Body-Type-Find-a-Swimsuit/1
- "How to Find the Sexiest Swimsuit for Your Body Shape." Glamour.com. March 25, 2012. http://www.glamour.com/fashion/2010/05/how-to-find-the-sexiest-swimsuit-for-your-body-shape#slide=1
Squeezing into a tight pair of Spanx can make you look better, if not feel better. Learn about shapewear by reading this article at HowStuffWorks.