A Trendy Trench
An impossibly polished trench coat can cover a lot of fashion transgressions. Let's say you're working around the house in your oldest sweatshirt (you know, the one you wore in your college track-and-field days) and you discover you have 10 minutes to get to the bank before it closes. Slip on those stylish flats (surely you own them by now), conceal your sweatshirt debacle with a deftly sophisticate trench and voilà: A trench coat that doesn't blow your cover.
Your trench coat also is the perfect topping for everything from jeans to work attire. Don't think you're a khaki trench coat kind of girl? You're in luck. Today's designers are creating versions in sassy reds, classic tartan plaids and deliciously unexpected hues of blueberry and pomegranate.
Plus, it's the perfect ending to your post-baby wardrobe search. Armed with a lightweight coat and several items to take you season-to-season, you'll be in good stead. Now if only we had a surefire way to remove spit-up stains.
- Blalock, Meghan. "Spring Workout Gear: Nine Stylish Picks." WomansDay.com. Feb. 25, 2009. (Dec. 7, 2010) http://www.womansday.com/Articles/Health/Fitness-Exercise/Spring-Workout-Gear-9-Stylish-Picks.html
- InStyle. "Tim Gunn's Guide to Style." (Dec. 7, 2010). http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/general/photos/0,,20229673_20229674_20517136,00.html
- Johnson, Janna. "Diaper Bags that Don't Look Like Diaper Bags." Parents.com. Dec. 7, 2010. http://www.parents.com/toddlers-preschoolers/gear/diaper-bags/diaper-bags-that-dont-look-like-diaper-bags/
- Larson, Kristin. "Dress for Your Shape: The Circle." RealSimple.com. Dec. 7, 2010. http://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fashion/clothing/shopping-guide/youre-circle-00000000008047/index.html
- Leininger, Merrie. "First Shoes, Now Body-Toning Pants? We Test Them Out." LATimes.com. Dec. 7, 2010) http://www.latimes.com/sns-fashion-body-toning-pants,0,4218597.story
- MSNBC. "Fall Fashion Essentials: Invest in Chic Staples." Dec. 7, 2010. http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/20894788/ns/today-today_fashion_and_beauty/
- Park, Madison. "Shoes' Toning Claims Draw Experts' Doubts." CNN.com. Dec. 7, 2010. http://articles.cnn.com/2009-08-12/health/shoes.fitness_1_shoes-muscle-activity-podiatric-sports-medicine?_s=PM:HEALTH
- Raes, Bridgette. "Style Rx: Dressing the Body You Have to Create the Body You Want." Perigree Trade, 2008.
- Real Simple. "Wardrobe Basics Checklist." Dec. 7, 2010. http://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fashion/clothing/wardrobe-basics/wardrobe-basics-checklist-00000000000952/index.html
- SheFinds.com. "Stylish Flats." Dec. 7, 2010. http://www.shefinds.com/buying-guides/shoe-guide/shoes-to-walk-in/
- Sturtz, Rachel. "The Fitness Spring 2010 Sneaker Guide." Fitness Magazine. Dec. 7, 2010. http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/gear/running-shoes/the-fitness-spring-2010-sneaker-guide/?page=1
Squeezing into a tight pair of Spanx can make you look better, if not feel better. Learn about shapewear by reading this article at HowStuffWorks.