We use blush to add a healthy glow to our cheeks. But which brush does the job best?
Blush brushes come in many shapes and sizes, and all provide a different style of application. We love the basic fluffy brush. It's great for adding color to the apples of your cheeks. A thin, fan-shaped brush will help you smooth out color and remove any excess powder. A kabuki-style brush is a big puffy brush with wider coverage. It's excellent for applying bronzer. You can also purchase smaller, more angled brushes for precise contouring of cheekbones.
- Boyd, Lydia. "Brief History of Beauty and Hygiene Products." Feb. 5, 2008. (June 16, 2010) http://library.duke.edu/digitalcollections/adaccess/cosmetics.html
- "Eye Brow Shaping - How to Shape and Define Your Eyebrows." Beauty & Makeup Tips. 2010. (June 16, 2010) http://www.wildaboutmakeup.com/eye-brow-shaping.html
- Francis, Gemma. "Foundation Tips from the Experts." Avon. 2008. (June 16, 2010) http://www.avon.uk.com/PRSuite/newsDetails_Foundation-tips-from-the-experts-$19831795.page
- "How to Choose Makeup and Use It Beautifully." Reader's Digest. 2010. (June 16, 2010) http://www.rd.com/living-healthy/how-to-choose-makeup-and-use-it-beautifully/article16133.html
- "How to get clump-free lashes." Makeup Moxie. 2008. (June 16, 2010) http://www.makeupmoxie.com/secrets/a1clumpfreelashes.html
- "Makeup Brushes, Part I: Powder Brushes." Bellasugar.com. 2010. (June 16, 2010) http://www.bellasugar.com/Makeup-Brushes-Part-I-Powder-Brushes-45190
- "Makeup Brushes and Applicators: Cheeks." Sephora.com. 2010. (June 16, 2010) http://www.sephora.com/browse/section.jhtml?categoryId=S4500
- "Sephora Brand Brush Guide." Sephora.com. 2010. (June 16, 2010) http://www.sephora.com/brands/sephora/display.jhtml?brandId=Sephora+Brand&categoryId=C17628&pCat=C17627
- "shu uemura Eyelash Curler." Sephora.com. 2010. (June 16, 2010) http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P8119
When was the last time you cleaned out your cosmetics? HowStuffWorks talked to an LA-based makeup artist for advice on how often we need to toss it.