The New Smoky Eyes
Blue might not be the new black, but it certainly is a fun new twist on the smoky eye. While smoky eyes never seem to go out of style, you're sure to turn a few heads by using a strong navy hue instead of the standard blacks and grays. You'll notice it brightens up the look a bit, without taking away from its boldness. Remember, just as with the typical smoky eyes, it's best to downplay the rest of your makeup -- especially your lipstick. You don't want to match a bold red lip or rosy pink cheeks with a blue smoky eye, or you may end of looking more like a clown than the fashionista that you are.
- "2012 Trend: Matte Eyeshadow." AOL Shopping. Dec. 30, 2011. (May 9, 2012) http://shopping.aol.com/articles/2011/12/30/matte-eyeshadows/
- Burgess, Brandy. "Pastel eyeshadow trends for summer 2012." Shine from Yahoo. April 30, 2012. (May 9, 2012) http://shine.yahoo.com/pastel-eyeshadow-trends-summer-2012-212300270.html
- "Daily Beauty Tip." InStyle. May 18, 2012. (May 18, 2012)
- "Emily Blunt Has Tried This Eyeshadow Trend. Have You?" Glamour. April 20, 2012. (May 9, 2012) http://www.glamour.com/beauty/blogs/girls-in-the-beauty-department/2012/04/emily-blunt-has-tried-this-eye.html
- "Spring 2012 Eyeshadow Color Trends." Loren's World. Jan. 3, 2012. (May 9, 2012) http://www.lorensworld.com/Health-Beauty/Spring-2012-Eyeshadow-Color-Trends.html
- "Trend to Try: Gold Eye Shadow." InStyle. April 25, 2012. (May 9, 2012) http://news.instyle.com/2012/04/25/gold-eyeshadow-rihanna-emily-blunt-photos/