There's an unwritten rule in our society -- let's call it the "Mom Hair Law" -- that dictates that all women of a certain age must chop off their hair. And while it's definitely true that long hair (like a bedraggled, waist-length blunt cut) can weigh down your face and prematurely age you, there are plenty of ways to do it right. The key is in a modern cut with all-over layers -- and a commitment to maintaining it. As we get older, our hair gets drier, coarser and thinner, so we have to put more effort into keeping it looking fresh. But does that mean you have to hack it all off? No way!
For more fresh hair tips, peruse the links on the following page.
- Foss, Melissa. "10 Common Hair-Care Myths." (Accessed July 31, 2010) http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/beauty/hair/hair-care-myths-0800
- Jackson-Cannady, Ayren. "Hair Repair: Treat Dry and Damaged Hair." (Accessed July 31, 2010) http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/beauty/hair/tips/treat-dry-damaged-hair/
- Nexxus.com. "Growing Hair Longer." (Accessed July 31, 2010) http://www.nexxus.com/Hair-Issues/Grow-Longer
- Phillips, Kelly L. "Hairstyles and Haircuts for Long Hair." (Accessed July 31, 2010) http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/beauty/hair/tips/hairstyles-and-haircuts-for-long-hair/
- RealBeauty.com. "Long Hair at Any Age." (Accessed July 30, 2010) http://www.realbeauty.com/hair/styles/long/long-hair-at-any-age
- RealSimple.com. "Long Hair." (Accessed Aug. 1, 2010) http://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fashion/hair/hair-care/how-blow-dry-long-hair-10000001581055/index.html
- Reuters. "Japanese Women Hairstyles Track Economy Ups and Downs." Feb. 18. 2008. (Accessed July 31, 2010) http://in.reuters.com/article/idINIndia-32004620080218
- TotalBeauty. "How to Blow-Dry Long Hair Perfectly (At Home!)" Feb. 8, 2010. (Accessed Aug. 1, 2010) http://www.totalbeauty.com/editors_blogs/how-to-blow-dry-long-hair-perfectly-at-home
The Bronner family held their February 2018 hair and beauty expo in Atlanta. HowStuffWorks captured some great pics from the Bronner Bros. hair show.