As far as drama goes, a pop of simple color may just be your best bet -- and you don't need to go through any kind of dying process to achieve it. There are lots of hair pants out there that you simply brush on with a skinny brush or mascara-type wand, and they don't wipe off on your clothes. Some kinds can stay in for weeks.
You'll find them in every color of the rainbow. Paint on a streak or two to add a big wow to your hair and inject some color into a neutral ensemble. Hair paint will be much more visible on light hair, but brunettes can still easily achieve a streak of color, just a more subtle one.
Whether you're into color and sparkle or neutral and understated, you've got lots of options. Short hair doesn't have to mean bare hair: Well-chosen accessories can make an already chic cut even more noteworthy.
For more on hair styling and fashion, check out the links below.
More Great Links
- Allure.com. "7 Tips for Sexy Short Hair." (Accessed Aug. 5, 2010)http://www.allure.com/trends/2009/08/sexy_short_hair_ideas#slide=1
- Allure.com. "The 10 Biggest Short Hair Mistakes." (Accessed Aug. 5, 2010) http://www.allure.com/magazine/2009/11/short_hair_mistakes
- Dunham, Deborah. "Hair Accessories that Summer-Proof Hair with Style." (Accessed Aug. 5, 2010) http://www.stylelist.com/2010/07/16/summers-most-buzzworthy-hair-accessories/
- Bonner, Jessie L. "High fashion or bait? Fly ties now hair extensions." The Seattle Times. June 6, 2011. (Jan. 15, 2012) http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/outdoors/2015246435_flyfash.html
- Ledes, Bayly. "Hair Accessories for All Hair Types." (Accessed Aug. 5, 2010) http://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fashion/hair/tools-techniques/hair-accessories-hair-types-10000001682941/index.html
- Shelton, Karen Marie. "Hair Accessory Tips for Short Tresses." (Accessed Aug. 5, 2010) http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip180007.htm
From ancient Greek spearman to Mr. Exotic, America's most notorious big cat owner, the mullet seems destined to stick around and around.