Buy Nudes, Not Colors
This summer, nude is in -- nude colors, that is. Instead of eye-popping blocks of color, opt for neutral tones like washed-out nutmeg, peach, gray or icy blue. When you choose neutral hues, it places emphasis on your outfit's cut and drape. And don't worry. You can still make a statement with your understated ensemble by accenting your outfit with bold accessories.
- "Backpacking." Vogue. http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/trends/2010-spring-summer/100422-rucksacks-bumbags-backpacks.aspx
- "Fashion Trends." Vogue. http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/trends/
- Jones, Dolly. "A to Z Trend Report." Vogue UK. Oct. 9, 2009.http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/daily/091008-springsummer-2010-trends.aspx
- Sibbles, Emma. "90s fashion is back for summer 2010." The Guardian. Oct. 14, 2009. http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/oct/14/90s-fashion-summer-2010
- "Top Trends for Spring." NBC New York. http://www.nbcnewyork.com/blogs/the-thread/Top-Trends-from-Fashion-Week-Spring-2010-59412802.html
HowStuffWorks looks at the roots of corduroy fabric, how to care for it and how it has evolved.