Spring Jewelry and Accessories
Spring jewelry and accessories are fun, bold, and sassy. Earrings and bracelets are big this season, literally and figuratively, while wedges and platforms are the shoe of the moment, adding height without sacrificing comfort.
Experiment with these trends to earn your fashionista stripes:
- Go global. Tribal and tropical prints and accessories from around the world add a well-traveled touch to your attire. Think textures, like rattan, wood, and leather, on shoes and handbags, as well as exotic jewelry made from metal, wood or bone.
- Think sporty. Brightly colored accessories made from performance fabrics are a fun trend. If an orange nylon quilted Chanel shoulder bag isn't in your budget, you can still sport the trend in an orange knockoff bag or rubber yellow sandals, a primary-colored sport watch, or a bold anorak to toss over whatever you're wearing.
- Perforated leather. Lighten up your leather by choosing accessories with holes or cutouts. It's a fresh look in a shoulder bag and a feminine touch for oxford-styled loafers or ballet flats.
- Be ladylike. The '50s and early '60s trend continues with graceful pumps and structured bags. Oversized shapes keep the handled tote and pearl jewelry au courant; anything white or cream-colored is especially fabulous.
- Bold and colorful. If you'd prefer to keep your clothing neutral, add a dash of color with bright and bold accessories. Try a chunky citrus enamel necklace over a gray T- shirt, or wake up your white shorts with neon ballet flats.
Is your closet ready for the rise in temperature? Make sure you're equipped with a few of these essentials and you'll be fashionably ready for anything in the warm months ahead.
- Allure.com. "Makeup Looks." (April 20, 2012.) http://www.allure.com/makeup-looks
- Barney's New York. "Hello Spring: The Barneys Buyers' Top Picks for the Season." The Window: Barney's New York. January 23, 2012. (April 20, 2012.) http://thewindow.barneys.com/spring-picks/.
- Glamour.com. "Spring Trends." (April 12, 2012) http://www.glamour.com/fashion
- Pantone Fashion Color Report. "Dance into Spring 2012." (April 12, 2012) http://www.pantone.com/pages/fcr.aspx?pg=20911&ca=4.
- NewsObserver.com. "Spring Fashion Trends 2012." March 22, 2012. (April 20, 2012.) http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/03/22/v-print/1949071/spring-fashion-trends-2012.html
- Molvar, Kari. "Hot New Hair Trends 2012." Harper's Bazaar.com. (April 20, 2012.) http://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/hair-articles/spring-2012-hair-trends#slide-1
- Molvar, Kari. "The Best Spring 2012 Nail Trends." Harper's Bazaar.com. (April 20, 2012.) http://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/spring-2012-nail-trends#slide-1.
- Larocca, Amy. "Spring Rundown."New York. 2012 Spring Fashion Issue. http://nymag.com/fashion/12/spring/microtrends-2012-2/
- Real Simple. "7 Trendy Jewelry Pieces for Spring." (April 20, 2012.) http://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fashion/shoes-accessories/jewelry/trendy-jewelry-00100000077017/page6.html.
- Uticone, Christina. "Spend vs. Save: The High/Low on Three Spring and Summer 2012 Trends." Houston Press. April 11, 2012. (April 20, 2012.) http://blogs.houstonpress.com/artattack/2012/04/spring_summer_2012_trends_spen.php.