Plus-size shopping ain't what it used to be. In your quest for a well-fitting pair of plus-size jeans, there are quite a few places to check out, including:
- Specialty stores: One of the best places to find a wide selection of plus-size jeans is, predictably, a store where every pair of jeans is plus-size. Some all-plus-size stores include Lane Bryant, CJ Banks, Ashley Stewart, Avenue and Igigi. All of these also have online presences in addition to brick-and-mortar stores.
- Full-range stores: Practically every clothing store at the mall now has plus ("women's") sizes, although sometimes they're only online. You can always shop plus at department stores, such as Macy's, Saks Fifth Avenue, JC Penny, Nordstrom and Dillard's. Mall stores like J. Crew, J. Jill, Land's End and Talbots also have plus sizes, either in-store or online, and catalog companies like Spiegel and Newport News have plus fashion.
- Online stores: Perhaps the biggest explosion in the plus-size shopping world (or the whole shopping world in general) is the online plus-size specialty store. Web sites like Alight, Roamans, OneStopPlus and Torrid carry only plus-size clothing, in styles ranging from trendy to classic to conservative. (And with all the free shipping promotions out there, you can order 10 pairs of jeans and just pay to return the ones that don't work -- or go to a store like Zappos that has free returns and don't pay any shipping charges at all. Yep, Zappos carries plus-size apparel.)
Once you've found your favorite jeans and it's time to pair them with a top, keep the flattering tricks in mind and complete the look: A billowy top, long inseam and high heels will make your butt look smaller and your legs look longer in that denim.
For more information on plus-sizes, denim and related topics, look over the links below.
More Great Links
- Body Shapes: Golden Rules to Dressing Your Body Shape. The Chic Fashionista.http://www.thechicfashionista.com/body-shapes-2.html
- Tyree, Alicia and Connie Wang. "Our Plus Size Fashion Resource." Refinery 29.http://www.refinery29.com/our-plus-size-fashion-resource.php
- The Ultimate Jeans Guide: Plus Size. InStyle.http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/general/photos/0,,20185638_20185349_20427529,00.html
- Why It's So hard For You. Zafu.http://www.zafu.com/zafu/jeansGuideDownload.do?method=JGD_PAGE2