Maybe it's a revolt against last year's unforgiving skinny jeans, but oversized pants (a la MC Hammer in his "U Can't Touch This" video) are back in style. These pants are risky, and here's why: Unless you wear a fitted top, you're likely to look sloppy and much larger than you actually are. In fact, these genie-style pants can resemble a droopy diaper.
For more tips and information about fashion and style, take a look at the links below.
- "10 Crazy Trends To Avoid This Spring." Shine. Mar. 24, 2010. (Sept. 12, 2010) http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/10-crazy-trends-to-avoid-this-spring-including-a-topless-one-piece-bathing-suit-1229337/
- Barberich, Christine. "Say No To These 5 Fall Trends." Refinery 29. July 15, 2010. (Sept. 12, 2010) http://www.refinery29.com/fall-2010-bad-fashion-trends-ugly.php
- "Fall 2010 Trend Report: Oversized Pants." Daily Fashion & Style. 2010. (Sept. 12, 2010) http://dailyfashionandstyle.com/newfashiontrends/fall_2010_trend_report_oversized_pants-654.html
- Glassman, Andrew. "5 Trends to Avoid - And What to Wear Instead." O, The Oprah Magazine. Aug. 12, 2010. (Sept. 12, 2010)http://www.oprah.com/style/Fall-Fashion-2010-High-Fashion-Trends-to-Avoid/
- Whitehill, Simcha. "6 Fall Fashion Trends to Avoid." The Frisky. Sept. 7, 2010. (Sept. 12, 2010)http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-6-fall-fashion-trends-to-avoid/
HowStuffWorks looks at the roots of corduroy fabric, how to care for it and how it has evolved.