The Internet offers an almost endless parade of slideshows and clips from last night's awards show or last week's premier. Stop admiring fashion from afar and start downloading photos and taking notes. It's a sure bet that's what your tween is doing. We're living at a time when life imitates art. The designer garments that looked so au courant on the runway or in that celebrity interview will be copied, mass produced and on sale at a dress shop in your neighborhood before the ink dries on the style section of your Sunday newspaper.
More than ever before, celebrities are photographed, interviewed and evaluated based on their style sense. If you like the way a particular public figure dresses, pay attention to her look for tips about how you can update your style from someone whose fashion savvy you trust. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, or so they say. It makes good fashion sense, too.
- Beauty and Fluffy. "How to change your style without changing yourself." 5/18/11. (3/28/12). http://beautyandfluffy.blogspot.com/2011/05/how-to-change-your-style-without.html
- Benza, Michele. "Daytime to Evening Glamour in 7 simple Steps." Woman's Journal. (3/28/12). http://www.bayareawj.com/daytime-to-evening-glamour-in-7-simple-steps/
- College Fashion. "How to Change Your Style & Still Feel Like Yourself." 11/17/09. (3/28/12). http://www.collegefashion.net/fashion-tips/how-to-change-your-style-still-feel-like-yourself/
- Cosmo. "3 Quick And Easy Ways To Change Your Look From Drab To Fab." 8/12/11. (3/28/12). http://www.cosmo.ph/beauty/beauty-picks/3-quick-and-easy-ways-to-change-your-look-from-drab-to-fab/
- Cosmopolitan. "Virtual Makeovers & Hairstyles." (3/28/12). http://www.cosmopolitan.com/hairstyles-beauty/hair-care/virtual-celeb-hairstyles
- Gaffey, Caitlin. "8 Ways to Change Your Looks and Your Life." Fitness Magazine. 2010. (3/28/12). http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/beauty/guides/makeovers/change-your-looks-and-life/
- Garcia, Nina. "Be your own fashion guru: How to find your own sense of style." Daily Mail Online. 10/30/07. (3/28/12). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-490285/Be-fashion-guru-How-sense-style.html
- Glamour. "The 7 People Who Could Change Your Style." (3/28/12). http://www.glamour.com/fashion/2008/08/7-people-change-your-style#slide=1
- Guglielmetti, Petra. "10 Ways to Reinvent Your Look." Women's Day. http://www.womansday.com/style-beauty/10-ways-to-reinvent-your-look-25269#slide-1
- Haven Salon & Spa. "5 Easy Ways to Change your Look." 1/2/12. (3/28/12). http://blog.havensalonspa.com/2012/01/02/5-easy-ways-to-change-your-look/
- King, Poppy. "Beauty and The Brain: Why Red Lipstick Is More Important Than You Think." Huffington Post. 11/30/10. (3/28/12). http://www.huffingtonpost.com/poppy-king/beauty-and-the-brain_b_789896.html#s195806&title=Dita_Von_Teese
- Men's Health Blogs. "Change Your Glasses, Change Your Look." 3/21/12. (3/28/12). http://blogs.menshealth.com/style-gal/change-your-glasses-change-your-look/2012/03/21/
- Padykula, Jessica. "Switch Up Your Style." 8/13/11. (3/28/12). http://www.sheknows.com/beauty-and-style/articles/838289/simple-ways-to-change-up-your-look
- Parks, Brandon. "10 Simple Ways to Change Your Look..." All Women Talk. (3/28/12). http://allwomenstalk.com/10-simple-ways-to-change-your-look/
- Tandoyog, Isabel. "How To Change Your Look In Five Easy Steps." 2/24/11. (3/28/12). http://family.wikinut.com/How-To-Change-Your-Look-In-Five-Easy-Steps/1r7pxqft/
- The Simple Dollar. "Ten Unusual Ways to Improve Your Appearance of Confidence That Really Work." 7/20/09. (3/28/12). http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2009/07/20/ten-unusual-ways-to-improve-your-appearance-of-confidence/
- YouTube. "Easy Ways to Change Up Your Look." 12/3/11. (3/28/12). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEk-L4Lq0mQ
From the bikini to the Hermès Birkin bag, fashion favorites are often named for the people and places that inspired them. HowStuffWorks looks at 10.