Ladies, one of the big complaints of petite women everywhere is that they look disproportionately short in the waist area. This is a polite euphemism for dumpy. High-waist garments, especially when coupled with different colored tops, create this illusion when worn by most women, short or not, so it's hard to understand why anyone would choose them. High-waist pants were designed for models, and models are among the very few people who can pull off wearing them. The rest of us should be spending our wardrobe dollars on clothes that actually flatter our bodies.
- Crocs. "Footwear." Undated 4/20/10.http://www.crocs.com/womens-footwear/women-footwear,default,sc.html
- Dungjen, Taylor. "Leggings Without Pants are a Painful Sight to Behold."http://www.newsrecord.org/2.7230/leggings-without-pants-are-a-painful-sight-to-behold-1.764198
- Dykes, Daniel P. "Fashion Trends 2010." 12/2/09.http://www.fashionising.com/trends/b--Fashion-Trends-2010-1509.html
- Dykes, Daniel P. "Spring 2010 Fashion Trends: Women's S/S 2010." 3/2/10. 4/18/10.http://www.fashionising.com/trends/b--Spring-2010-Fashion-Trends-Womens-SS-2010-1288.html
- Fashion Allure. "Spring Summer 2010 Fashion Trends: Must-Have Ones!" 1/20/10. 4/19/10.http://fashion-allure.com/style/spring-summer-2010-trends-must-haves/
- Go Try it On. "Honest Advice About Your Look." Undated. 4/18/10.http://www.gotryiton.com/
- Tarav. "2010 Trends: Statement-Jewelry." Undated. 4/18/10.http://taravc.blogspot.com/2010/04/2010-trends-statement-jewelry.html
- The Budget Fashionista. "Fashion Trend: The Romper." 7/9/08. 4/20/10.http://www.thebudgetfashionista.com/archive/fashion-trend-the-romper1/
- Wang, Connie & Piera Gelardi. "Fashion's 10 Most Wanted For 2010--So Hot Right Now." Undated. 4/19/10.
- Wilkes, Caitlin. "10 Fashion Myths." Undated. 4/18/10.http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/whatnottowear/articles/ten-fashion-myths.html
From the bikini to the Hermès Birkin bag, fashion favorites are often named for the people and places that inspired them. HowStuffWorks looks at 10.