Do: Start Small
Start with a gift. Continue with some "I thought you would look amazing in this" possibilities from a shopping trip. Slowly work your way into "Can we donate these bellbottoms? You have so many pairs of newer jeans now."
No one changes overnight. If you style your man in baby steps, you may find that after some compliments from people other than you, he becomes a willing participant in the wardrobe change.
He may even, someday, thank you for it.
More Great Links
- "Convincing my man to dress more GQ." GQ. (Sept. 13, 2010)http://www.gq.com/style/style-guy/miscellany/200207/dressing-gq
- "Dress Your Man at Any Age." Good Morning America. Sept. 16, 2005. (Sept. 13, 2010)http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/PersonalBest/story?id=1132355&page=1
- "Dress Your Man in Four Easy Pieces." Good Morning America. Nov. 23, 2007. (Sept. 13, 2010)http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/BeautySecrets/story?id=3903120
- Kaplan, Chelsea. "How to make over your man." CNN Living. Dec. 9, 2008. (September 13, 2010)http://articles.cnn.com/2008-12-09/living/tf.makeover.your.man_1_style-makeover-style-advice-sweater?_s=PM:LIVING
- Kutcher, Ashton. "How to Dress Like the Perfect Couple." Harper's Bazaar. (Sept. 13, 2010)http://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion/trends/perfect-couple-kutcher-0907
- "You Can Make Over Your Man." Cosmopolitan. (Sept. 13, 2010)http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/relationship-advice/makeover-man
HowStuffWorks looks at the roots of corduroy fabric, how to care for it and how it has evolved.